It is nearly impossible to attend school without obtaining financial aid of some kind.
For most students, this means student loans. These loans come in two varieties: Private and Federal. Most student loan debts cannot be discharged in bankruptcy but Katz & Wulff may still be able to help you to manage your student loan debt effectively. Depending on the type of student loan that you have, we may be able to:
- Counsel you on the various repayment options available and compare the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Help you stay out of default or help you to get out of default on your student loans.
- Determine whether you may be able to discharge your student loan debt in bankruptcy.
- Stop abusive collection practices by student loan collectors.
- Help to enforce your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and/or other consumer protection laws.
- Defend you in court if you have been sued by a student loan guarantee agency, private lender or the U.S. Department of Justice.